Transformation Tango: Your Guide To Mental Health and Wellness
“Success always lies in the choices we make.”
Dr. Cochran is a transpersonal psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, educator and author with more than 30 years of clinical experience, who works with her partner, board certified family physician David J. Waggoner, MD, where they take a whole person, whole body approach to mental health and wellness, treating the person, not the symptoms.
Dr. Cochran will address:
- What do you need to know when choosing a psychotherapist?
- The danger of prescribing drugs without properly diagnosing symptoms.
- How psychiatric illness affects the brain.
- How to determine if your doctors know what they’re doing and what to do if they don’t.
- Why it is critical that your treatment NOT being dictated by an insurance company.
- Which pharmaceutical drugs are the best option for treating depression, anxiety, OCD, phobias and other mental health concerns?
- How to take control of your treatment and speed up your recovery.
Using the Enneagram as a tool in understanding yourself and your relationships
Dr. Margaret Cochran, Transpersonal Psychologist, Educator and Author with 30 years of clinical experience discusses how to use the Enneagram as a tool in understanding the personality of individuals, co-workers and romantic partners for more effective, productive and enriching personal and professional relationships.
Dr. Cochran will explore:
The Enneagram is a system of nine fundamental personality types that explain important psychological traits of our personality and where our motivations stem from. Each Enneagram personality type has its own set of perceptions, challenges and views of the world. The Enneagram helps us to realize what motivates us, and how to better understand the sometimes confusing behavior of our friends, family and co-workers, and how to create empowered relationships with ourselves and others we come in contact with.
Dr. Cochran will explore:
A Journey Through Romantic Love
This workshop focuses on techniques for how to manage, and what to expect from one of the most challenging developmental tasks of adulthood: the many faces of romantic love.
Dr. Cochran will help you find your perfect partner and/or assist you in increasing the intimacy level in your current relationship, through great insights and understanding.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
Effective Health Care: Treating the Person, not the DiagnosisDr. Margaret Cochran, and her partner David J. Waggoner, MD, a board certified family physician, take a whole person, whole brain approach to health; saving your money, saving your time and possibly saving your life!
What does bad health cost you?
What do the limitations dictated by your insurance company cost you?
What if you knew how to take the control of your healthcare decisions out of the hands of your insurance company?
Dr. Cochran and Dr. Waggoner, focus on treating individuals, not just their symptoms, diagnosis or healthcare coverage limitations. In other words they practice medicine and psychotherapy, not insurance. Dr. Cochran and Dr. Waggoner approach mental and physical disease from the perspective that illness represents a body and/or a mind ‘out of balance’. With Dr. Waggoner, addressing the physical aspects of health and Dr. Cochran, addressing the emotional ones, they together have extraordinary success in helping patients become, and stay, well in both body and mind.
Dr. Cochran and Dr. Waggoner will also discuss why, as a matter of routine, the following is vital in attaining an accurate medical diagnosis.
- Asking for a family history.
- Doing a complete lab work up—not just the minimum suggested by insurance companies.
- Taking a thorough history of your general health and specific complaints.
- Taking a complete inventory of diet, including alcohol, drug and caffeine use.
- Evaluating non-prescription verses prescription drugs: Based on the above, are pharmaceutical drugs the best option for treating depression, anxiety, OCD, phobias and other mental health concerns, and what role can a change in diet, the use of whole foods, exercise and vitamins play in your healing plan?
Operating on the premises that “anything that powerfully affects the body, powerfully affects the mind, and anything that powerfully affects the mind, powerfully affects the body,” Dr. Cochran and Dr. Waggoner’s approach to wellness will change the quality of your health forever